Rebranding One of Washington’s Most Powerful Industry Associations: Helping Bring a Rebranding to Life
- Date: February 2015
One of Washington’s leading trade associations representing innovative research and discovery companies and devoted to advancing public policies in the U.S. and around the world.
How do you tell the story of the industry while responding to issues and crisis that plague the industry? In 2012, a leading trade association approached Advocom Group to help the organization rebrand and reposition the industry to better resonate in the hearts and minds of informed Americans to create a more favorable federal and state legislative environment.
- Redesigned Message Architecture. Using quantitative research, focus groups and messaging sessions, Advocom Group helped the client create a new message architecture that helped bring a rebranding, new positioning and tag line to life. Additionally, Advocom Group helped the client create and implement strategies and programs to rebrand the public perception of the industry, helping introduce programs focused on the local impact of the sector, STEM initiatives and the dedication of scientists committed to finding the next lifesaving medicine.
- Crisis Communications/Rapid Response. Advocom Group also developed rapid response strategies and messages for senior leaders.
- Media Relations. In 2013 and 2014, Advocom Group coordinated communication around the launch and roll out of a national health survey. The Advocom Group team coordinated communications and approvals between the client and other vendors as well as all corresponding launch materials, including timelines and action plans, key messages, survey materials, a press release, multiple blog posts, op-eds, graphics and more.
- The organization now uses its updated message architecture to develop its messages and communications outreach across a number of topics and issues.
- Over a year, Advocom Group compiled and analyzed over 3,000 media stories for the organization, providing analysis and rapid response messages.
- Advocom Group’s media relations efforts led to media coverage in a number of outlets, including USA Today, POLITICO and the Baltimore Sun.